But then I did some reading (check this article for more info: weighing yourself) and I perhaps need to change my routine…
1. I should be weighing myself in the morning – before eating or drinking anything. This morning, I drank a bottle of water and brekkie before touching the scale! Duh!
2. I should keep weighing in each week to monitor my success.
3. Since you can lose fat and gain muscle – I should measure my tummy, arms, legs etc with a tape measure to see the centimeters dropping.
4. Keep to weighing myself on the same scale – to keep it accurate.
5. Keep to the same amount of clothing – even though winter is coming (cue: Game of Thrones fans!) no weighing yourself with boots on!
6. Finally keep trudging on – no gain is just as much an achievement as losing more.
So Today’s Mantra is: Keep at it and keep sticking to your goals!