I got these instructions from a few helpful websites on how to do the very best body-weight squat; follow these simple instructions:
1. Stand with your feet shoulder with apart, with hips stacked over knees and knees over ankles.
2. Put your arms straight out in front of you
3. Bend your knees and stick your butt out, leaning the top half of your body (waist up) forward. The key is to imagine you are sitting back in an imaginary chair.
4. Be sure to keep your knees behind your toes the entire time.
5. Stick your chest out and look straight ahead so that you back remains straight.
6. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor or you can try dip lower to the point where you can’t keep your back straight.
7. Dig in your heels to return to standing position and repeat.
*Tip: Try doing this in front a mirror to watch that your technique is correct.
Start doing these basic body-weight squats, when you first start you may not be able to do a full squat (getting your thighs parallel to the floor) this is due to lack of strength in your core, but with practice you will get there. Once perfected there are various squats you can do, as well as adding additional weights. We will all get there in time, the key is to practice, practice and keep your goals in mind.