To be completely transparent, here are my times:
– For my 8 km race (4 May) I did it in 1hr17min
– For my 10 km race (7 July) I did it in 1hr22min
These are not the fastest speeds, and compared to others its more like a fast walk pace BUT if you look at the above and realise that it took me 5 minutes more to do an additional 2 km and with in only 2 months of training, so you can see I am improving.
For anyone interested, these are the next races I am set to do – book them in your diary and join me:
– 14th July: Zoo Trot 5km
– 25th August: Wanderers10km
– 31st August (doing this for charity with work): Spars Ladies 5km
– 15th September (my 3rd race for zoo trot which means I get a medal!): Zoo Trot 10km
Right, half way through 2013 – and on our way to getting bikini ready for summer 2014!